LangLink Privacy Notice
Protecting your privacy is important to LangLink. We strive to keep your personal information confidential. By ensuring that you are aware of and understand the LangLink Customer Privacy Notice, we can provide you with better service. Please take a moment to read the following notice to learn how we handle your personal information.
Why We Collect Personal Information
Personal Information includes name, title, and general business contact information (business telephone, email address and other social media-based contact information). LangLink collects and uses your Personal Information to give you superior customer service, to provide you with convenient access to our services and solutions, and to make a wider range of LangLink information available to you. In addition, we use your Personal Information to keep you up to date on the latest service announcements, special offers, and event information we think you’d like to hear about. This may occasionally include information about products and services that can add value to your globalization strategy. From time to time, we may also use your Personal Information to contact you to participate in a market research survey, so that we can gauge customer satisfaction and improve our services and solutions.
How We Collect Personal Information
LangLink collects Personal Information in the following manner:
- when you contact us by completing a form on our website
- when you contact us for information, questions or requests
- when you participate in an online survey
- when you request to be included in an e-newsletter mailing list
We store the information you provide in secure databases owned or operated by LangLink.
When We Disclose Personal Information
At times we may be required by law or legal process to disclose your Personal Information. At any other time, if we are going to use your Personal Information differently from that stated at the time of collection, we will try to contact you via email using the most recent information we have. If you have not given us permission to communicate with you, you will not be contacted, nor will we use your Personal Information in a new manner. LangLink does not transfer personal information to third parties/agents for processing, nor do we sell or share personal information to any other entities.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
LangLink safeguards the security of the data you send us with physical, electronic and managerial procedures. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the Internet. Change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser. LangLink uses industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all web pages where Personal Information is required. When using a LangLink portal, you must use an SSL-enabled browser. This protects the confidentiality of your Personal Information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
Access To Your Personal Information for Review or Update
You always have access to the information we have about you. To review, update, or remove your Personal Information from LangLink stored data, please send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For Your Information:
- LangLink is subject to The Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong
- It is possible, under certain conditions, for an individual to invoke binding arbitration
- LangLink is liable in cases of onward transfers to third parties
- You may contact LangLink to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data
- Questions regarding personal data and/or limiting the use of this data should be addressed to email@example.com
Additionally, individuals may request the restriction of the processing of personal data in certain circumstances, namely where:
- they contest the accuracy of the personal data which we process and we are verifying the query;
- the data has been unlawfully processed;
- we no longer need that personal data but an individual requires us to keep it; or
- the individual has objected to our processing the personal data but we are considering whether our legitimate grounds override those of the individual.
In the event that an individual does request that we restrict processing of their personal data, we would make that data temporarily unavailable, not process it apart from to store it and would inform any additional sub-processors about the restriction/limitation.
The right of individuals to access their personal data
Our organization ensures that individuals have the following rights in relation to their personal data:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- have inaccurate personal data rectified;
- request your information to be deleted or destroyed and if we can, but sometimes we must maintain some records for legal reasons.
In compliance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong, LangLink commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. Individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding this should first contact LangLink at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Companywide Commitment To Privacy
To make sure your Personal Information remains confidential, we communicate these privacy guidelines to every LangLink employee.
The LangLink Privacy Notice is subject to change at any time. We encourage you to review the privacy notice regularly for any changes. You always have access to the information we have about you. To review, update, or remove your Personal Information from LangLink stored data, please send an email request to email@example.com .