Multilingual desktop publishing experts to ensure prefect layout for your translated documents
LangLink provides a wide array of multilingual desktop publishing (DTP) services including formatting and graphic design for books, user manuals, technical documentation, promotional collateral, online documentation and training materials.
In addition to regular publishing and graphic design skills, our professional, multilingual DTP team excels in the following:
- In-depth knowledge of international layout issues and typographical conventions
- Understanding of language and character set issues in multilingual documentation
- Expert knowledge of file conversions between translation memory tools and DTP applications
- Extensive knowledge of more than 100 foreign languages
- Single-source publishing
- Technical experience with markup languages such as HTML and XML (for online help system)
Once translation and editing are complete, our publishing team will begin the DTP production process. The DTP team formats localized text to match the layout of the source language. They adjust fonts, graphics, and tables, and update tables of contents, indexes, and all other links according to international typographical rules and industry standard practices.
There are usually two types of publishing projects: printed and online documentation. Our DTP team has developed a number of checklists for each type of publishing project, so that we can consistently provide the highest quality work.
LangLink is experienced with a variety of documentation formats including:
- FrameMaker books and manuals
- QuarkXPress marketing collateral
- Compiled HTML Help (.chm) and JavaHelp
- Ready Set Go
- Quicksilver Pro
- HTML, XML
LangLink also conducts regular training sessions for our DTP teams to share project experience and to learn new software features, so that we can continuously improve the quality of our work. We maintain a set of internal guidelines for multilingual DTP productions, such as font selection, text expansion treatment and PDF output to ensure the consistent quality of production for which we are well-known.